- The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 3/16 inches (39.5 x 53.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/16 x 21 11/16 inches (40.8 x 55.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No. 5. The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto."; lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Carthusian | convent | figure | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Alatri | Europe | Frosinone | Italia | Lazio
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.