The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 3/16 inches (39.5 x 53.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/16 x 21 11/16 inches (40.8 x 55.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No. 5. The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto."; lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Carthusian | convent | figure | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Alatri | Europe | Frosinone | Italy | Lazio
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.