- Palace of the Duca di Sora Where the Rivers Separate, at Isola di Sora
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 21 3/16 inches (39.7 x 53.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/16 x 21 5/8 inches (40.8 x 54.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No. 9. Palace of the Duca di Sora. where the Rivers separate, at Isola di Sora."; lower right: "1 May 1791. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "1 May 1791. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | drawbridges | Grand Tour | island | landscape | moat | palace | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Frosinone | Italia | Lazio | Sora
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Palace of the Duca di Sora Where the Rivers Separate, at Isola di Sora, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.