Ferry over the Vulturnus, Sept.r 1790
- Part Of:
- Graphite and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 x 22 1/4 inches (40.6 x 56.5 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 15/16 x 23 3/16 inches (43 x 58.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No 34. Ferry over the river Vulturnus. Sept.r 1790."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ferry | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Ferry over the Vulturnus, Sept.r 1790, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.