- A Convent at Grotto Ferrata, near Rome, the supposed site of Tusculum
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 16 15/16 inches (28.7 x 43 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower left: "No 4."; lower center: "A Convent at Grotto Ferrata, near Rome, the supposed site of Tusculum. | RCH. 1786 : 1819."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower center: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- convent | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Rome | Tusculum
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, A Convent at Grotto Ferrata, near Rome, the supposed site of Tusculum, 1786 to 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.