The Convent of St. Cosimato, and part of the Claudian Aqueduct
- Part Of:
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 13 1/4 x 20 1/8 inches (33.7 x 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower left: "No 26."; lower center: "The Convent of St Cosimato, and a part of the Claudian Aqueduct."; lower right: "RCH. 1786. : 1819."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower right: "RCH. 1786. : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | architectural subject | convent | Grand Tour | river | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Convent of St. Cosimato, and part of the Claudian Aqueduct, 1786 to 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.