Englishman at Paris, 1767
- Additional Title(s):
Englishman at Paris 1767
Englishman at Paris. 1767
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- 14 7/16 x 18 7/8 inches (36.7 x 48 cm), 12 3/4 x 16 1/8 inches (32.4 x 40.9 cm), and 11 1/4 x 15 3/8 inches (28.6 x 39 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44566 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mr. Bunbury del."; lower center: "ENGLISHMAN AT PARIS. 1767. | Publish'd Feby. 27th. 1799, by J. Harris, Sweetings Alley, Cornhill, London."; lower right: "Js. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | buildings | canes | caricature | carriage | cart | city | coachmen | coats | costume | dogs (animals) | drivers | dwarf | genre subject | Grand Tour | greyhound | hats | horse (animal) | humor | men | monk | parasol | parody | peasant | road | satire | servant | smile | smiling | square | steeple | street | travel | travelers | tricornes | umbrella | wheels | whip
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Englishman at Paris, 1767, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.