- after 1850
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; hand coloring done by an unknown later printer on medium, smooth, cream wove paper laid on mount
- Sheet: 2 5/16 × 3 3/4 inches (5.8 × 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "BALMORAL"; on back of mount, upper left: "9 (encircled)"; on back of mount, upper center: "w[...]l. EZ | Baxter | Balmoral Castle"; on back of mount, upper right: "3 (?)for/ 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bonnets (hats) | boys | castle | children | costume | dog (animal) | dresses | frock coat | genre subject | girl | landscape | man | mountains | portrait | prince | queen (person) | royalty | top hat | trees | Victorian | woman
- Associated Places:
- Aberdeenshire | Balmoral Castle | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
Victoria (1819–1901), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and empress of India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Engraved by George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Balmoral Castle, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.