- Ticket to Wynnstay Theatre
- Etching and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 6 3/8in. (21.6 x 16.2cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 6 inches (20.6 x 15.2 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 x 4 3/4 inches (16.2 x 12.1 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "2200 | Cip[ . . .] | O"
Lettered upper center: "THE STAGE EXEMPLIFIED"; center within image: "INVASION | VENICE | PRESERVED| FARCE | PANTOMIME | TRAGEDY | COMEDY | | CONFEDERACY | AS YOU LIKE IT | THE | AGREABLE | SURPRISE"; lower center: "H.Bunbury inv. | F. Bartolozzi Sculp. | Publish'd Jany.18 1803. by LAURIE & WHITTLE. 53, Fleet Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to Wynnstay Theatre, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.