Little Red Riding Hood
- after 1856
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut done by Le Blond & Co. on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on mount
- 7 1/16 × 5 1/8 inches (17.9 × 13 cm) and 6 1/4 × 4 5/16 inches (15.8 × 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on top mat, upper left: "D StoL"; on back of mount, upper left: "18 (encircled)"
stamped in black ink, withinprint, lower right, in folds of cloth in basket: "LE BLOND & CO LONDON | L. A. ELLIOT & CO, BOSTON, U. S."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "PUBLISHED DEC. 13, 1856. | BY G. BAXTER. | PROPRIETOR & PATENTEE, LONDON."; lower center: "LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blond | bow (costume accessory) | cape | cloak | cloth | curls | dark | fable | fairy tale | folk tale | girl | hood | literary theme | Little Red Riding Hood (fairy tale) | night | portrait | red | trees
- Associated People:
- Little Red Riding Hood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by imitator of George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Little Red Riding Hood, after 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.