Cathedrals in England
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Image: 6 15/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.7 x 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, on front, lower right: "B + B E/ iL"; on back, upper center: "Cathedrals of | England | 65 (circled), No 84 (underlined) | 1021 30/"
Lettered, in black ink, below upper left image: "WESTMINSTER"; inside upper left image, under fence: "WESTMINSTER"; inside upper right image, under arch: "LINCOLN"; under upper right image: "LINCOLN"; under upper center left image: "LICHFIELD"; inside upper center left image, under white building: "LICHFIELD"; inside upper center right image, under tower: "ST PAULS"; under upper center right image: "ST PAULS"; below center left image: "YORK"; inside center left image, under hill: "YORK"; inside center right image, under wall: "NORWICH"; under center right image: "NORWICH"; under lower center left image: "OXFORD"; inside lower center left image, under church: "OXFORD"; inside lower center right image, on field: "ST DAVIDS"; under lower center right image: "ST DAVIDS"; under lower left image: "WINCHESTER"; inside lower left image, under walking people: WINCHESTER"; inside lower left image, on lake: "ST ASAPH"; under lower right image: "ST ASAPH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buttresses | cathedrals | churches | cows | domes | fences | fields | geese | grass | hills | lake | people | spires | stained glass | stone | tombstones | towers | trees | visitors | walking | walls | windows | wrought iron
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church Cathedral | Lichfield Cathedral | Lincoln Cathedral | Norwich Cathedral | St Asaph Cathedral | St David's Cathedral | St Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey | Winchester Cathedral | York Minster Cathedral
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Cathedrals in England, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.