Cathedrals in England
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Image: 6 15/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.7 x 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, on front, lower right: "B + B E/ iL"; on back, upper center: "Cathedrals of | England | 65 (circled), No 84 (underlined) | 1021 30/"
Lettered, in black ink, below upper left image: "WESTMINSTER"; inside upper left image, under fence: "WESTMINSTER"; inside upper right image, under arch: "LINCOLN"; under upper right image: "LINCOLN"; under upper center left image: "LICHFIELD"; inside upper center left image, under white building: "LICHFIELD"; inside upper center right image, under tower: "ST PAULS"; under upper center right image: "ST PAULS"; below center left image: "YORK"; inside center left image, under hill: "YORK"; inside center right image, under wall: "NORWICH"; under center right image: "NORWICH"; under lower center left image: "OXFORD"; inside lower center left image, under church: "OXFORD"; inside lower center right image, on field: "ST DAVIDS"; under lower center right image: "ST DAVIDS"; under lower left image: "WINCHESTER"; inside lower left image, under walking people: WINCHESTER"; inside lower left image, on lake: "ST ASAPH"; under lower right image: "ST ASAPH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buttresses | cathedrals | churches | cows | domes | fences | fields | geese | grass | hills | lake | people | spires | stained glass | stone | tombstones | towers | trees | visitors | walking | walls | windows | wrought iron
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church Cathedral | Lichfield Cathedral | Lincoln Cathedral | Norwich Cathedral | St Asaph Cathedral | St David's Cathedral | St Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey | Winchester Cathedral | York Minster Cathedral
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Cathedrals in England, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.