- after 1850
- Etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 5 9/16 x 7 15/16 inches (14.2 x 20.2 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches (10.8 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "4L"; on back, left along vertical edge: "79 B + B E / g / G"; upper left: "80 (circled)"; upper right: "Bv 10/-"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "NEWSTEAD ABBEY."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | barge | boat | bushes | church | clouds | cross (object) | doorways | grass | ivy | lake | men | people | plants | river | rowing | sailboat | spires | swans | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Newstead | Newstead Abbey | Nottinghamshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Newstead Abbey, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.