- Additional Title(s):
Eaton Hall, Cheshire
- after 1850
- Etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 5 7/16 × 7 3/8 inches (13.8 × 18.8 cm) and 4 5/16 × 6 3/4 inches (10.9 × 17.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "4L"; on back, upper left: "80 (circled)"; upper right: "68 (circled) | BV 10/- | 4L"; lower center: "B + B | E / g / G"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "EATON HALL, CHESHIRE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bonnets | bushes | carving | children | coats | duke | Duke of Westminster (title) | garden | hall | mansion | men | nobles | palace | sculpture | spires | staffs (walking sticks) | stairs | statues | towers | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Cheshire | Eaton Hall | England | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Peter N. Lindfield, Georgian Gothic: Medievalist Architecture, Furniture and Interiors, 1730-1840, The Boydell Press, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK ; Rochester, NY, p. 197, fig. 5.2, NA966.5.G66 L56 2016 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]