The Death of Ananias
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Aquatint, etching, stipple engraving, and color woodcut on thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on beige card
- Image: 4 3/4 x 7 1/16 inches (12 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left vertical along edge: "Death of Annanias | No 16 | E / g / G"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left inside image: "BRADSHAW & BLACKLOCK LICENCEES MANCEHSTER | BY BAXTER PATENT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Ananias, rebuked by Peter, falls down and dies between his gifts | beards | beards | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion (meeting) | drapery | fear | fences | gesturing | New Testament | podium | religious | religious and mythological subject | scared | stairs | tapestry | the Raphael Cartoons | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
The Death of Ananias (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, The Death of Ananias, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.