The Death of Ananias
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint, etching, stipple engraving, and color woodcut on thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on beige card
- Image: 4 3/4 x 7 1/16 inches (12 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left vertical along edge: "Death of Annanias | No 16 | E / g / G"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left inside image: "BRADSHAW & BLACKLOCK LICENCEES MANCEHSTER | BY BAXTER PATENT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Ananias, rebuked by Peter, falls down and dies between his gifts | beards | beards | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion (meeting) | drapery | fear | fences | gesturing | New Testament | podium | religious | religious and mythological subject | scared | stairs | tapestry | the Raphael Cartoons | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
The Death of Ananias (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, The Death of Ananias, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.