Christ's Charge to Peter
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Aquatint, etching, stipple engraving, and color woodcut on thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on beige card
- Image: 4 1/2 x 7 inches (11.4 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "E / g/ G"; right, along vertical edge: "Christ Charge to Peter | No 22 | Raphael Cartoon"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center inside image: "BRADSHAW & BLACKLOCK LICENCEES MANCEHSTER | BY BAXTER PATENT" (lower line partially cut off)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | boat | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion (meeting) | grass | hills | keys | lake | landscape | mission of Peter ('Pasce oves meas'): Christ pointing to a lamb, Peter perhaps with keys in his hands | New Testament | religious | tapestry | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
Christ's Charge to Peter (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Christ's Charge to Peter, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.