Returning from the Spring. Virginia.
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 5 7/8 x 11 5/16 inches (15 x 28.8 cm), Image (left): 4 1/4 x 3 3/16 inches (10.8 x 8.1 cm), and Image (right): 4 1/4 x 3 3/16 inches (10.8 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper center: "Bradshaw & Blacklock"; lower center: "The Band bound round [...] cotton rolls"; on back, center left: "40"; center: "B + B | E/g/G | £2"; center right: "50"; lower left: "84 (circled)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under left image: "No."; lower right under left image: "Y..ds"; lower left under right image: "No."; lower right under right image: "Y..ds"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | aprons | baby | blouses | bucket | caps | child | children | clouds | country | dog (animal) | farming | fences | genre subject | grass | peasant | plants | skirts | spring | trees | walking | woman | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Returning from the Spring. Virginia, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.