- Set of 18 Labels from 'Twining & Sons' Hairpins Boxes.
- after 1850
- Etching, aquatint and color woodcut on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 7 13/16 inches (25.6 x 19.8 cm), Image: 9 5/16 x 6 15/16 inches (23.6 x 17.6 cm), and Image: 3 1/16 x 1 1/8 inches (7.8 x 2.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "F / u / G | 35L | 82 (circled)"; upper center: "Hair Pin boxes Prints | by G Baxter | late process | 18 prints for"
Lettered, in black ink, per image, upper center on each, for first two rows of images: "TWINING & SONS | BIRMINGHAM"; per image, upper center on each, for last row of images: "HAIR PINS"; per image, lower center on each, for first row: "SPRING" "MORNING" "SUMMER" "MORNING" "SPRING" "SUMMER"; per image, lower center on each, for second row: "AUTUMN" "NIGHT" "WINTER" "NIGHT" "AUTUMN" "WINTER"; per image, lower center on each, for third row: "SUMMER" "MORNING" "SPRING" "WINTER" "NIGHT" "AUTUMN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | autumn | axe | baskets | bodice | bonnets | boxes | braids | buildings | caps | children | costume | feathers | flowers (plants) | fruit | genre subject | hairpins | harvest | labels | lutes | men | mirror | moon | morning | night | purse | resting | ribbons | snow | spring | stars | summer | tights | trees | tying | wheat | windows | winter | women
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Set of 18 Labels from 'Twining & Sons' Hairpins Boxes, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.