Set of Needle-Box Prints
- after 1850
- Etching and stipple engraving, with color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 2 3/16 x 4 9/16 inches (5.5 x 11.6 cm) and Image: 1 7/8 x 4 1/16 inches (4.8 x 10.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount (shared with three images, B1977.14.10697-10699): on front, upper left: "E / W / G | 2/10/2"; upper center: "Needle Box Prints B + Blacklock"; on back, upper left: "78 (circled) Platobo | por B . B?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | boat | boxes | castle | discussion (meeting) | fancy dress | fountain | garden | genre subject | gesturing | lake | landscape | men | talking | tent | trees | vases | walking | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Set of Needle-Box Prints, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.