Ten Needle-Box Prints
- Additional Title(s):
H. R. H. Prince of Wales, H. R. H. Princess Helena, St. Denis, View on the Rhine, Evening, Venice, Bourges, Fall of Lowdore, H. R. H. Princess of Wales, H. S. H. Prince Christian
- Etching, aquatint, and stipple engraving with color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 x 5 1/2 inches (10.6 x 14 cm) and Image (10 images, identically sized; span of all images measured): 3 11/16 x 5 1/16 inches (9.3 x 12.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Dwff(?) | 92 (underlined) | O S"; on back, upper center: "Vincent Broocks | List Price £10 (10 underlined) | 40/- the set | £2-0-0"
Lettered in black ink, left, written sideways from bottom to top of sheet: "VINCENT BROOKS, COLOUR PRINTER."; within upper left image: "H. R. H. PRINCE | OF WALES."; upper center: "ST. DENIS. EVENING. BOURGES."; within upper right image: "H. R. H. PRINCESS | OF WALES."; within lower left image: "H. R. H. PRINCESS | HELENA."; lower center: "VIEW ON THE RHINE. VENICE. FALL OF LOWDORE."; within lower right image: "H. S. H. PRINCE | CHRISTIAN."; right, written sideways from bottom to top of sheet: "Chandos St., Charing Cross, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architecture | basilica | boats | bride | buildings | castle | cathedral | church | coat | coat of arms | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crest | curtain | dresses | evening | fringe | gondola | historical subject | horse (animal) | interior | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | oars | ovals | pillars | portrait | princes | princesses | river | rocks (landforms) | rowboat | royalty | sails | sea | ship | sunlight | uniform | velvet | waterfall | women
- Associated Places:
- Bourges | Cathedral Basilica of Saint Denis | Centre | Cher | Cumbria | England | Europe | France | Italy | Lodore Falls | Rhine | Saint-Denis | Seine-Saint-Denis | United Kingdom | Veneto | Venezia | Venice | Île-de-France
- Associated People:
- Edward VII (1841–1910), king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and the British dominions beyond the seas, and emperor of India
Christian of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg, Prince (1831–1917)
Helena, Princess (1846–1923)
Alexandra (1844–1925), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and the British dominions beyond the seas, and empress of India, consort of Edward VII
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Vincent Robert Alfred Brooks, 1814–1885, British, Ten Needle-Box Prints, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.