Hastings Beach in August
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 6 3/4 inches (12.4 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, lower right: "Hastings | / [...]
Signed in ink, lower right: "TCR | August [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | beach | boat | genre subject | hats | landscape | ocean | people | summer | swimmers | waves
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | Hastings | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Theodore Casimir Roussel, 1847–1926, French, Hastings Beach in August, 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.