The Cadger's Trot (first State)
- Additional Title(s):
The Cader's Trot (first State)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 10 1/4 inches (21 x 26 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 7 1/16 inches (14 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "24 March 1866"; lower left: "[?h]obo £7-70"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "(lettering is flipped backwards, certain words are legible): she[...] by B[...] S[...] | 21 Aug 1823"; lower left under image: "Robertson & Ballantine's Lethog.y Edin.~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bridle | coat | equestrian | grass | horse (animal) | horseback riding | man | rain | riding | riding boots | riding crop | sporting art | stirrups | top hat | trotting | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Cadger's Trot (first State), 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.