Ancienne Tour Près de Lanark
- Former Title(s):
Vues Pittoresques de l'Écosse / Ancienne Tour
- Additional Title(s):
Old Tower Near Lanark
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 13 7/8 inches (26.7 x 35.3 cm) and Image: 6 1/4 x 9 inches (15.9 x 22.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper left: "Du[...] R. A."; lower left: "B - 30 - N-o 48"
Marked in orange ink, on front, lower left: collector's stamp of Albert Maroni (AM in a circle)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Lith. par Bonington, d'apres les dessins de F. A. Pernot."; lower center: "ANCIENNE TOUR | PRES DE LANARK."; lower right under image: "Imp. Lith. de VIllain, rue de Sevres, no. 23."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | hill | landscape | men | ruins | ruins | stones | sunlight | tartan | tour | town | trees | visitors | women
- Associated Places:
- Lanark | Scotland | South Lanarkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Ancienne Tour Près de Lanark, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.