- Former Title(s):
Vues Pittoresques de l'Écosse / Gelfinlas
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Vues pittoresques de l'Ecosse, d'après nature
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 x 11 5/8 inches (24.3 x 29.6 cm), Image: 6 5/16 x 8 7/8 inches (16 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper left: "Du[...] R. A."; lower left: "B - [...]o - N-o 4"
Collector's mark: Albert Maroni (Lugt 150b); impressed into paper, lower right: collector's mark "ALP (P laid over AL)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Lith. par Bonington d'apres les dessins de F.A. Pernot."; lower center: "GLENFINLAS."; lower right under image: "Imp. Lith. de Villain."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | dogs (animals) | hills | horses (animals) | landscape | riders, horseback | rocks (landforms) | soldiers | spear | sporting art | trunk | valley
- Associated Places:
- Glen Finglas | Perth | Perth and Kinross | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in the Age of Revolutions: Hero, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]