- Former Title(s):
Cahier de six sujets / La Conversation
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 11 inches (36.5 x 28 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 7 1/2 x 5 7/8 inches (19 x 15 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13.7 x 10.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5-"
Marked in purple ink, on front, lower center, collector's stamp: "Collection Le Beuffe"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "R. B. Bonington del."; lower center: "LA CONVERSATION."; lower center under chine collé: "Paris, chez Mme Brossier, au depot gal de Lith. quai Voltaire, No7"; lower right under image: "Lith. de Lemercier."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | brocade | carpet | chair | discussion (meeting) | drapery | dress | dressing jacket | elegant | fancy dress | flowers (plants) | genre subject | nobleman | painting (visual work) | pillows | shoes | silk | tassels | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Lemercier, Benard & Cie, 1803–1887, French, La Conversation, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.