Le Silence Favorable
- Former Title(s):
Cahier de six sujets / Le Silence Favorable
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 10 5/8 inches (36 x 27 cm), Sheet: 7 5/8 x 5 7/8 inches (19.3 x 15 cm), and Image: 5 7/16 x 3 15/16 inches (13.8 x 10 cm)
Marked in purple ink, on front, lower center, collector's stamp: "Collection Le Beuffe"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Bonnington del"; lower center: "LE SILENCE FAVORABLE."; lower center below chine collé: "a Paris, chez Mmme Brossier, au Depot Gal de Lith, quai Voltaire, No7"; lower right under image: "Lith de Lemercier."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | castle | clouds | coat | couple | courting | discussion (meeting) | dog (animal) | dress | fancy dress | flirting | flowers (plants) | French | gazing | genre subject | gift | guards | hats | lady | love | man | men | nobles | plants | silk | tights | vases | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Le Silence Favorable, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.