- Former Title(s):
Francois le Pendus, 1826
- ca. 1826
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches (17.2 x 21.2 cm) and Image: 5 3/8 x 6 1/2 inches (13.7 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "B - 3o - N-o 13"
Marked in orange ink, on front, lower left: collector's stamp of Albert Maroni (AM in a circle)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "Peint et Lith. par Bonington."; lower right: "Lith de Villain. rue de Sevre.No.23"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | castle | city | criminals | crying | dead | executioner | genre subject | grief | grieving | hanging (execution) | hangman | horse (animal) | men | sadness | sobbing | soldier | tartan | town | watching | weeping | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Les Pendus, ca. 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.