Pierre de Vaivre
- Former Title(s):
Voyages pittoresques et romantiques dans l'ancienne France / Pierre de Vaivre
Stone of Vaivre
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 11 13/16 inches (37.7 x 30 cm), Image: 10 5/16 x 8 7/16 inches (26.2 x 21.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Lith. ancienne Bonnington"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 75."; lower left under image: "Bonnington sculp.t 1827."; lower center under image: "Lith: de Engelmann, rue Louis-le-grand, No.27, a Paris."; lower center: "Pierre de Vaivre | FrancheComte"; lower right under image: "Taylor del.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | cloak | clouds | cross (object) | historical | kneeling | landscape | meteorology | monument | night | owl | plants | science | storm | trees | wolf | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Franche-Comté
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Pierre de Vaivre, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.