Ideal Pastoral Life
- Additional Title(s):
Ideal Pastoral Love
- Lithographic etching on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 16 5/16 x 12 7/16 inches (41.5 x 31.6 cm), Sheet: 2 3/16 x 3 1/2 inches (5.6 x 8.9 cm), and Image: 1 5/8 x 2 15/16 inches (4.1 x 7.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center on mount: "Ideal Pastoral Life | lithograph"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on mount: "F 4"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back of mount: "AL 181 | TL 5794 (B - 12)"
Lettered lower right within image: "EDW.D CALVERT INVEN."; lettered lower center below image: "LONDON PUBLISHED OCTOBER 1. MDCCCXXIX BY EDW.D CALVERT XVII RUSSELL ST. BRIXTON. ROAD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cape | cloak | clouds | cowbell | fence | hill | Ideal, the | landscape | leaves | light | man | moon | nudes | pastoral | path | robe | roof | sheep | staff | stick | sun | thatch | trees | vines | wicker | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, Ideal Pastoral Life, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.