IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, Chateau Vilain sur la Riviere Dain, Franche Comte, undated
Chateau Vilain sur la Riviere Dain, Franche Comte
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 5/16 inches (29.9 x 44 cm), Sheet: 7 5/16 x 9 3/16 inches (18.6 x 23.3 cm), Image: 5 9/16 x 7 5/8 inches (14.1 x 19.3 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "Pl. 98."; lower left: "J.D. Harding lithog."; lower center: "Chateau Vilain sur la Riviere Dain. | Franche Comte."; lower right: "Imprime par C. Hullmandel."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | château | clouds | fields | grasses | houses | landscape | mansion | men | mountains | reeds | river | rocks (landforms) | valley
- Associated Places:
- Ain | Bourg-de-Sirod | Europe | France | Franche-Comté | Jura | La forteresse de Château-Villain
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.