- The Cyder Feast
- Wood-engraving on thin, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 5 1/2 inches (8.8 x 13.9 cm) and Image: 3 1/16 x 5 1/16 inches (7.7 x 12.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "F. 6. 3rd. st"; lower right: "The Cyder Feast"; on back, center right, written vertically downwards: "10"; on back, lower right: "MH. | the Cyder Feast"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | apparatus | apples | baskets | bulls (animals) | celebration | cider mill | cider press | cows | dance | dancers | dancing | dresses | equipment | feast | food | forest | fruit | genre subject | ladder | landscape | leisure | light | machine | man | mill | millstone | oxen | pleasure | pouring | star | sun | sunlight | trees | vats | wheel | women | yoke (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Elisabeth Fairman, Of green leaf , bird , and flower : artists' books and the natural world, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, pp. 70-71, fig. 71, N7650 .O4 2014
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 202, no. 388b, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, The Cyder Feast, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.