- Additional Title(s):
Folding the Last Sheep
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper (Japanese paper)
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 6 7/16 inches (22.2 x 16.4 cm), Plate: 4 13/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.2 x 10.6 cm), Image: 3 15/16 x 3 3/16 inches (10 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below plate marks: "A 4 iv | See under [arrow] as to printing"; inscribed in graphite, lower right below plate marks: "Coll: AH. Palmer | H | MH"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Old Japanese paper from F Goulding 1877 | S."
Lettered lower right within image: "S PALMER" (very indistinct); lettered, lower right within image: "S. Palmer"; lower left below image: "S. Palmer."; lettered lower center below image: " "Christmas" | From Bampfylde's Sonnet."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barn | children | Christmas | cottage | dog (animal) | doorway | farm | interior | moon | night | sheep | thatch | trees | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Christmas, 1877