- Etching and drypoint, retouched with graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 4 13/16 x 4 inches (12.3 x 10.1 cm), Plate: 4 13/16 x 4 inches (12.3 x 10.1 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 x 2 7/8 inches (10 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center below image: "[?Tree]"; inscribed in graphite in Martin Hardie's hand, lower right: "MH."; inscribed in graphite, upper left on back: "3"; inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center on back: "Martin Hardie | Required for Exhibition" ("...tin Ha..." of "Martin Hardie" underlined)
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Samuel Palmer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | chimney | corn | cottage | dog (animal) | fence | field | figure | gate | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | man | staff (walking stick) | stick | thatch | trees | wheat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Skylark, 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.