The Sleeping Shepherd
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint on thick, smooth, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- 4 13/16 x 4 1/16 inches (12.2 x 10.3 cm), 4 13/16 x 4 1/16 inches (12.2 x 10.3 cm), and 3 3/4 x 3 1/16 inches (9.5 x 7.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower right: "This is one of the only two proofs in this state which I have | AHP"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "MH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | barn | birds | book | cattle | cloth | cows | farming | fields | genre subject | hat | hay | labor | ladder | landscape | leaves | light | oxen | plough | sheep | shelter | shepherd | sleeping | staff | straw | trees | trellis | vine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Sleeping Shepherd, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.