- Etching and drypoint on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches (18.8 x 14.6 cm), Plate: 4 11/16 x 3 3/16 inches (11.9 x 8.1 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 x 2 5/8 inches (8.9 x 6.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower right: "A.1ii - Proof by A.H.P. on his private press. | Martin Hardie. | Colln. A.H.Palmer. | M.H."
Lettered lower left within image: "S. PALMER 1850" ("5" reversed)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bank | cattle | clouds | cows | day | goose | landscape | oxen | river | swan | tower (building division) | tree | willow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
David Ebony, Samuel Palmer's Luminous Garden, Art in America, vol. 94, no. 9, October 2006, p. 209, N1 A43 (LC)+ Oversize (HAAS) Some volumes are also available Online (ORBIS)