- ca. 1827
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving on medium, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 2 9/16 inches (10.3 x 6.5 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 2 inches (9 x 5.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "F. 14."; inscribed in graphite, lower right below image: "The Bacchante"; inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right on back: "very early engraving | Edward Calvert"; inscribed in graphite, center on back: "12" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "MH"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "The Bacchante"
Lettered lower right within image: "W S . F"; lettered lower right within image: "EC" (the "C" encircles the "E")
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | cloak | clouds | figure study | landscape | lyre | music | nude | religious and mythological subject | trees | wind
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, The Bacchante, ca. 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.