- Pilgrims Paying Their Devotion in St. Peters at Rome
- between 1773 and 1775
- Etching on moderately thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (25.1 x 17.7 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches (23.5 x 17.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Pilgrims paying their Devotion in Saint Peters at Rome."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, in trunk: "ELEMOSINA PER | LA FABRICA"
signed in brown ink, lower left: "D. Allan pinxit et fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architecture | bags | book | boy | cap | child | Christianity | church | dog (animal) | dress | genre subject | gesture | halo | husband | interior | kerchief | kissing | kneeling | lamp | locks | luggage | mantle | men | pilasters | pilgrims | prayer | praying | relief | religious and mythological subject | rosary | shawl | shells | son | staffs | statue | throne | tiles | travelers | vault (structural element) | wife | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | St. Peter's Basilica | Vatican City
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Pilgrims Paying Their Devotion in St. Peters at Rome, between 1773 and 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.