Sir William Nicholson, 1872–1949, British, Canterbury Gate, Christ Church, Oxford, 1903
Canterbury Gate, Christ Church, Oxford
- Watercolor, black chalk, gouache, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 13 3/4 x 10 7/8in. (34.9 x 27.6cm) and 13 7/8 × 11 inches (35.2 × 27.9 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "W.N. | 1903"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archway | church | gate
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church | England | Europe | Oxford | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.