Falstaff at Herne's Oak
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, gouache and oil on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper pasted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 4 1/2 inches (18.6 x 11.4 cm) and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 1/8 inches (13.3 x 10.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center, "Act 5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | costume | fairies | figure study | forest | humor | illusion | literary theme | mask | men | oak | obese | plays by William Shakespeare | The Merry Wives of Windsor, play by William Shakespeare | torch | tricking | women
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Sir John Falstaff
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.