- Lithograph with gouache, watercolor, ink, wash, charcoal, chalk pastel and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/4 x 19 9/16 inches (65.4 x 49.7 cm) and Image: 25 11/16 x 19 9/16 inches (65.2 x 49.7 cm)
Numbers inscribed in graphite as part of the image; inscribed in blue ink, upper left on back: "31" (underlined)
Watermarked center right (written vertically upwards): "Arches"
Signed and dated in blue ink, lower right: "Sutherland 1968"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | animal art | beak | bird | claws | eyes | fear | feathers | feet | mouth | numbers | orange | owl | perch | red | talons | violence
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.