- Lithograph with gouache, watercolor, ink, wash, charcoal, chalk pastel and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/4 x 19 9/16 inches (65.4 x 49.7 cm) and Image: 25 11/16 x 19 9/16 inches (65.2 x 49.7 cm)
Numbers inscribed in graphite as part of the image; inscribed in blue ink, upper left on back: "31" (underlined)
Watermarked center right (written vertically upwards): "Arches"
Signed and dated in blue ink, lower right: "Sutherland 1968"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | animal art | beak | bird | claws | eyes | fear | feathers | feet | mouth | numbers | orange | owl | perch | red | talons | violence
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.