- Allegorical Scene
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, peach, wove paper
- Image: 2 1/16 × 9 3/4 inches (5.2 × 24.8 cm), Sheet: 2 13/16 × 11 1/16 inches (7.1 × 28.1 cm), and Mount: 10 × 14 1/2 inches (25.4 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Mary's Copy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegorical | clouds | dancing | dogs (animals) | figure study | listening | man | putti | reclining | religious and mythological subject | swans | trees | wings | woman
- Associated People:
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Allegorical Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.