Rosamund and the Fair Annett
- Additional Title(s):
Two Ladies, a Dog and a Young Man Offering a Rose
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 16 x 14 3/16 inches (40.7 x 36 cm) and Image (oval): 11 15/16 x 11 13/16 inches (30.3 x 30 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Rosamund and the Fair Annett"; lower right: "L15 | W Dickinson (after H Bunbury)"
Lettered, lower center: "LONDON Published Novr 22d 1784, by W. Dickinson Engraver & Printseller No. 158 New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | bows | castle | columns | curls | dagger | dog (animal) | feathers | genre subject | hats | knights | lace | ladies | light | love | man | necklace | rose (flower) | ruffs | smiling | stool | surprise | sword | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Rosamund and the Fair Annett, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.