Thomas Ashton D.D.
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 1/4 inches (37.5 × 26 cm), Plate: 13 × 9 inches (33 × 22.9 cm), and Image: 11 1/16 × 8 15/16 inches (28.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1.P.24"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Js. Mc.Ardell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Thomas Ashton D.D. | Collegii Etonensis, prope Windesoram Socius; | Ecclesioa Sancti Botolpbi ad portam Episcopalem, | extra Muros, Londini Rector."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cloak | man | man | portrait | preacher | religious and mythological subject | wig
- Associated People:
- Ashton, Thomas (1767-1775), cleric
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.