Thomas Ashton D.D.
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 14 3/4 × 10 1/4 inches (37.5 × 26 cm), 13 × 9 inches (33 × 22.9 cm), and 11 1/16 × 8 15/16 inches (28.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1.P.24"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Js. Mc.Ardell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Thomas Ashton D.D. | Collegii Etonensis, prope Windesoram Socius; | Ecclesioa Sancti Botolpbi ad portam Episcopalem, | extra Muros, Londini Rector."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cloak | man | man | portrait | preacher | religious and mythological subject | wig
- Associated People:
- Ashton, Thomas (1767-1775), cleric
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.