IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Study of a Woman Sleeping in Her Chamber and a Man Standing Over Her Bed, undated
Study of a Woman Sleeping in Her Chamber and a Man Standing Over Her Bed
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Robert & Mary Smirke's Illustrated Sketches to Shakespeare
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Image: 4 3/4 × 3 1/2 inches (12.1 × 8.9 cm), Sheet: 7 1/2 × 4 5/8 inches (19.1 × 11.7 cm), Mount: 12 5/8 × 10 inches (32.1 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Cover female figure"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.