- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on chine collé laid down on wove paper.
- 4 3/4 x 3 1/2in. (12.1 x 8.9cm) and 17 x 11 1/2in. (43.2 x 29.2cm)
Printed inscriptions: below image, at left "Painted by Thos. Stothard R.A."; below image, at right "Engraved b F. Engleheart."; below image, at center "Page 85."; below "ROKEBY."; below "WITH MONARCH'S VOICE FORBADE THE FIGHT, | AND MOTIONED BERTRAM FROM HIS SIGHT. | Canto II. Stan. XXI." and below "LONDON, PUBLISHED BY LONGMAN & CO. PATERNOSTER ROW, APRIL 10, 1813."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.