IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Taming of the Shrew, 1821
Taming of the Shrew
- Part Of:
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 11 5/8 inches (43.5 x 29.5 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 7 3/4 inches (26.4 x 19.7 cm), Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (11.1 x 8.6 cm)
lower left: "Painted by R. Smirke, R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by Edw.d Portbury."; lower center: "TAMING OF THE SHREW."; lower center: "Published by Rodwell and Martin, London, 1821."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | boots | boys | doublets | fruit | literary theme | men | steps | The Taming of the Shrew, play by William Shakespeare | trousers | women
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.