- Taming of the Shrew
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 11 5/8 inches (43.5 x 29.5 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 7 3/4 inches (26.4 x 19.7 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (11.1 x 8.6 cm)
lower left: "Painted by R. Smirke, R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by Edw.d Portbury."; lower center: "TAMING OF THE SHREW."; lower center: "Published by Rodwell and Martin, London, 1821."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | boots | boys | doublets | fruit | literary theme | men | steps | The Taming of the Shrew, play by William Shakespeare | trousers | women
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Taming of the Shrew, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.