- Hesper Appearing to Columbus in Prison
- Image: 7 1/2 x 5in. (19.1 x 12.7cm), Sheet: 17 1/4 x 11 1/2in. (43.8 x 29.2cm), and Plate: 11 3/4 x 9 1/4in. (29.8 x 23.5cm)
Printed inscriptions: below image, at left "Painted by Smirke." and below image, at right "Engraved by Anker Smith."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Hesper Appearing to Columbus in Prison
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.