- Measures of Mequita as it was in the Time of the Arabians
- 1775 to 1776
- Graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove
- Mount: 11 1/8 × 16 3/8 inches (28.3 × 41.6 cm) and Sheet: 6 3/4 × 6 1/16 inches (17.1 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Measures of Mesquita as it was in the time of the Arabians | Number of Pillars 778 | in the Church | In the Cloister - 65 | From North to South interior length 390 Castillian feet. | From East to West 479 | Thickness of the Walls 5.6 or 7 | breath of Cloister 220"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "One [aude?] of the [Olwan?] Row"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Castillian"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Swinburne, 1743–1803, British, Measures of Mequita as it was in the Time of the Arabians, 1775 to 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.