Testi di Madoqua (Antelope Head and Skulls)
- Additional Title(s):
[One of] Miscellaneous Sketches in Wrapper
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 7 3/4 inches (27 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink upper right: "Disegno della Testa di Madoqua a suo scheletro in Misura"; scale in graphite center; in pen and black ink center: "Scala con cui di igno fatti li dua disegni della testa di Madoqua"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Animalia (kingdom) | heads | pedestals | skull (skeleton component)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Testi di Madoqua (Antelope Head and Skulls), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.