Testi di Madoqua (Antelope Head and Skulls)
- Additional Title(s):
[One of] Miscellaneous Sketches in Wrapper
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 7 3/4 inches (27 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink upper right: "Disegno della Testa di Madoqua a suo scheletro in Misura"; scale in graphite center; in pen and black ink center: "Scala con cui di igno fatti li dua disegni della testa di Madoqua"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Animalia (kingdom) | heads | pedestals | skull (skeleton component)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Testi di Madoqua (Antelope Head and Skulls), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.