Sunday Morning, A Cottage Family Going to Church
- Stipple engraving, colored on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 20 7/8 × 25 inches (53 × 63.5 cm) and Image: 18 3/4 × 23 inches (47.6 × 58.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by W. R Bigg A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Nutter. | Printed by Le Petit."; lettered, lower center: "SUNDAY MORNING, A Cottage family GOING TO CHURCH | London Published April 1, 1795 by W.R.Bigg, Gate Street Lincolns Inn Fields"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boy | cane | child | children | church | cottage | dog | donkey | family | father | gate | genre subject | girl | hat | infant | man | mother | path | religious and mythological subject | stick | tree | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Nutter, 1754–1802, British, Sunday Morning, A Cottage Family Going to Church, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.