A View of Erith, Looking Up the Thames
- Etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- 12 1/4 x 18 9/16 inches (31.1 x 47.2 cm), 10 5/16 x 16 13/16 inches (26.2 x 42.7 cm), and 9 7/16 x 16 3/8 inches (24 x 41.6 cm)
collector's stamp of Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament by Jno. Boydell at the Globe near Durham Yard in the Strand 1750. Price 1s. | A View of Erith, looking up the Thames. [swirled mark]"; lower right: "J. Boydell Delin & Sculp. | No. 9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges | bathing | beach | boats | buildings | city | cityscape | clouds | coats | costume | dinghies | dogs (animals) | frolicking | genre subject | hats | houses | labor | leisure | marine art | men | nudes | oars | punts | river | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sand | seamen | ships | shore (landform) | stairs | swimming | trees | walls | women | yachts
- Associated Places:
- England | Erith | Europe | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Boydell, 1720–1804, British, A View of Erith, Looking Up the Thames, 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.