IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, La rue des Prouvaires et l'église saint Eustache, Paris, 1833
La rue des Prouvaires et l'église saint Eustache, Paris
- Additional Title(s):
La Rue des Prouvaires et l'Eglise Saint-Eustache, Paris
The Rue des Prouvaires and Saint Eustache Church
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Picturesque Architecture in Paris, Ghent, Antwerp, Rouen, etc., Drawn from Nature on Stone
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 11 11/16 inches (43 x 29.7 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 x 7 15/16 inches (29.8 x 20.2 cm), Image: 10 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (25.7 x 17.4 cm)
signed in plate, lower right: "T Boys. 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | café | capes (outerwear) | carriage | cart | cathedral | children | church | city | cityscape | costume | dogs (animals) | donkey | dresses | figures | food | genre subject | Grand Tour | hats | horse (animal) | lanterns (lighting devices) | market (event) | marketplace | men | road | square | stained glass | stores | street | tents | trousers | unfinished | wagon | walking | windows | women | working class
- Associated Places:
- Eglise Saint-Eustache | France | Ile-de-France | Paris | Ville de Paris, Department de
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.